Gender, Women & Sexuality Studies
Restoration's Return in the Age of Climate Change: Toward a Feminist Environmental Justice Response"Dissertations
- Elakshi Kumar: "Apprehending Female Masculinity: Globalization and Gender Noncomformity in India" Adviser: Jigna Desai
- Michelle Garvey: "Restoration's Return in the Age of Climate Change: Toward a Feminist Environmental Justice Response"Adviser: Jacquelyn Zita
- Charlotte Karem Albrecht: "Peddling Arab American Histories: Race, Gender, and Sexuality in Early Syrian American Communities.'" Adviser: Jigna Desai.
- Diane Detournay: "The Encounter Between Feminism and Liberalism: An Itinerary of 'Woman.'" Advisers: Jigna Desai and Richa Nagar.
- Aniruddha Dutta: "Globalizing through the Vernacular: Gender/sexual Transnationalism and the Making of Sexual Minorities in Eastern India." Advisers: Jigna Desai and Richa Nagar.
- Xiumei Pu: "Imagining the Decolonial Spirit: Ecowomanist Literature and Criticism in the Chinese Diaspora." Adviser: Edén Torres.
- Patricia Connolly: "Staging Cross-Border (Reading) Alliances: Feminist Testimonials at Work." Advisers: Amy Kaminsky and Richa Nagar.
- Jessica Giusti : "Burlesque Female Behemoths": Transgressions of Fat, Femme Burlesque. Advisers: Ananya Chatterjea and Jacquelyn Zita.
- Yeonbo Jeong : Science, Nation, and Women's Bodies: Economies of Reproductive Tissues and Stem Cell Research in South Korea. Advisers: Susan Craddock and Jacquelyn Zita.
- Papori Bora :The Nation and its Margins: Reading Gender and the Politics of Sovereignty in India's Northeast . Advisers: Jigna Desai and Richa Nagar.
- Kandace Creel-Falcón:"This is Our Home!": Chicana Oral Histories: (Story) Telling Life, Love and Identity in the Midwest. Advisers: Edén Torres and Lisa Albrecht.
- Helen Crump: Bodied Knowledges (Where Our Blood Is Born): Maternal Narratives and Articulations of Black Women's Diaspora Identity. Advisers: Amy Kaminsky and Gwen Pough.
- Eileen Müller-Myrdahl: Orientalist Knowledges at the European Periphery: Norwegian Racial Projects, 1970-2005. Advisers: Jigna Desai.
- Ayana Weekley: Now That's a Good Girl: The Politics of Respectability in African American HIV/AIDS Discourses. Advisers: Jigna Desai and Gwen Pough.
- Rachel Raimist: "Grinding the Walls to Dust": Feminist Media Praxis. Adviser: Edén Torres.
- Margalit Chu: Resistance, Dependancy, and Resilience: The Everyday Politics and Geographies of NGO Development in Marginalized Gitano Communities. Adviser: Richa Nagar.
- Danielle Bouchard: The Feminist Order of Things: Interdiscipilnarity, Globalization, and Postcoloniality in Contemporary Feminist Theory. Adviser: Jigna Desai.
- Amy Brandzel: Queering the Subject(s) of U.S. Citizenship: Beyond the Normative Citizen in Law and Culture. Advisers: Jigna Desai, Richa Nagar, and Barbara Welke.
- Dawn Rae Davis: De-colonizing Love: Feminist Subjects and the Ability of Not Knowing. Adviser: Naomi Scheman.
- Sam Bullington: From the "Rainbow Nation" to the "New Apartheid": Sexual Orientation and HIV/AIDS in Contemporary South African Nation Building. Adviser: Susan Craddock.
- Sara Hottinger: Making Mathematical Knowledge: A Cultural Study of Late-Eighteenth Century British Mathematics. Advisers: Jacquelyn Zita and Helen Longino.
- Linda Wayne: Sexes, Genders, and Sexualities: From Second to Third Wave Feminism. Advisers: Ellen-Messer Davidow.
- Amanda Swarr:. Exploring the Boundaries of Gender and Sex: Transgendered Expressions in Contemporary South Africa. Advisers: Amy Kaminsky and Richa Nagar.
- Sidney Matrix: Inventing Cyberculture and Cybersubjectivity: A Critical Study of Cyberfictional Media. Advisers: John Mowitt and Naomi Scheman.